Cookies are small data files which are temporarily stored on your computer's hard drive every time you visit a website. Although there are lots of different types of cookies, every single one tracks user behaviour to help make
your overall experience quicker, easier and more efficient. Cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information.
How do Cookies work?
On harrodsaviation.com, we only use Third-Party Cookies. These cookies are set on our website by third parties. The third party is responsible for the cookies they set out
on our website. More information about the specific Third Party Cookie we use is set out below for you. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
The Third Party Cookie we use on our website is set out in the table below:
|Name of Cookie
||Purpose for the Cookie
|_utmc (Google Analytics)
These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. This software helps us to take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers. That information helps us to improve the website.
The data stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Harrods and Google and never shows any confidential information.
How to manage cookies?
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However you do have the ability to decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. You can also ask to
be alerted every time a cookie is offered. There are instructions on how to manage your cookies using the most popular internet browsers below:
Find out which internet browser you use
1. On a PC: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select 'About'
2. On an Apple Mac: click on the Apple menu and select 'About' (make sure the
browser is open)
Opting out of cookies in Internet Explorer
2. Click on 'Internet Options'
3. Click the 'Privacy' tab
4. Move the slider to choose your settings
5. For more detailed privacy settings click on 'Advanced'
Opting out of cookies in Safari
1. Choose 'Preferences' from Safari menu
2. Select 'Security'
3. Cookie settings are shown
4. Choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Google Chrome
As a default, Google Chrome allows all cookies. You can manage the behaviour of first-party and third-party cookies or even block them completely.
1. Click on
the 'Tools' menu
2. Select 'Options'
3. Click the 'Under the Bonnet' tab
4. Find the 'Privacy' section
5. Click 'Content settings'
6. Click the 'Cookie settings' tab and choose your settings
Opting out of Cookies in Mozilla Firefox
You can configure which sites are allowed to set cookies, how long to keep them for, and view and manage your existing cookies.
1. Click on 'Menu', then 'Options'
2. Select 'Privacy'
3. Select 'Cookies'
4. Choose your settings
Opting out of Cookies in AOL
1. From the AOL toolbar, select 'Settings'
2. Select 'Internet Options'
3. Select 'Use your Internet Explorer Settings to set advanced browser options'
the 'Privacy' tab
5. Select 'Advanced'
6. Deselect override automatic cookie handling button
7. Choose your settings
What happens if I opt out of Cookies?
If you opt out of cookies set by harrodsaviation.com, you will still be able to browse our website.